- Travel Guide
- Things to Do
- Pell City
Pell City, with a population of approximately 17,000, is the largest city in St. Clair County. It is on Interstate 20 between Birmingham and Atlanta and on US Highway 231, known as the short route to Florida. Nestled comfortably in the foothills of the Appalachians, it offers a breathtaking view of the surrounding mountains. Pell City was made the second county seat in the early 1900's. For many years, St. Clair was the only county in America with two full-service county seat.
Things to Do
Things to Do
- A nine-hole golf course is available to the public.
- A walking trail is located on Hwy 78E.
- Logan Martin Lake offers all forms of water sports.
- The grounds of the Center has tennis courts and baseball and softball complexes.
- The Pell City Civic Center has numerous activities during the year including exercise classes. Next to the Civic Center is the Lakeside Park offering nature trails, picnic facilities, boat launches, and piers for fishing.
- Yearly events include the Annual Air Fair, and the Christmas Parade.
- Hampton Inn, by Walmart Shopping Center
- Holiday Inn Express, by Walmart Shopping Center
- Ramada Limited, 1410 Park Hill Parkway
Where to Eat
|Big Bull Restaurant
||306 Martin Street
||305 Martin Street
|McDonald's||600 Martin Street
|Kentucky Fried Chicken
||701 Martin Street
|Paul Manning BBQ
|Pell City Steak House
||212 24th Street North
||2201 7th Street North
|Subway||506 Martin Street
||611 Martin Street
|Uncle Willie's BBQ
||2301 Martin Street South
For further information, contact Pell City Chamber of Commerce at 205-338-3377.