District Attorney Richard Minor has served as District Attorney of St. Clair County from 2005 to present.
Mr. Minor and his wife are members of the First Baptist Church of Pell City.
- Cumberland School of Law 1993
- Auburn University 1990
- District Attorney, St. Clair County - 2005 to present
- Acting Attorney General, State of Alabama Post Secondary Investigation November 2006 to present
- Chief Trial Attorney Office of the District Attorney 30th Judicial Circuit October 1997 to January 2005
- Assistant Attorney General, Violent Crimes Division Office of the Attorney General, State of Alabama October 1996 to October 1997
- Assistant District Attorney and ADA Multi Agency Drug Enforcement Team 10th Judicial Circuit (Jefferson County, Birmingham and Bessemer Divisions) October 1995 to October 1996
- Assistant District Attorney and ADA West Alabama Narcotics Unit
6th Judicial Circuit (Tuscaloosa County) March 1994 to October 1995
- Member, Governor's Advisory Council on Juvenile Justice & Delinquency Prevention
- Member, Governor's Juvenile Crime Enforcement Coalition
- Member, Alabama Pattern Jury Instructions (Criminal) Committee
- Member, National District Attorneys Association
- Member, Alabama State Bar Association
- Vice Chairman, St. Clair County Republican Party (Nov. 2001 to Jan. 2004)
- D.A.R.E. Board of Directors, Pell City, Alabama (Nov. 2002 to present)
- Board of Directors, St. Clair County Children's Advocacy Center (Jan. 2005 to present)
- Commissioner, Pell City Housing Authority
- Member, Fraternal Order of Police, St. Clair County Lodge #50
- Associate Member, St. Clair County Mayors Association
- Member, Hannah Home Advisory Board, St. Clair County
- Member, St. Clair County Bar Association
- Member, Pell City Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Moody Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Leeds Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Moody Business Association
It is my privilege and honor to serve the people of St. Clair County as the District Attorney for the Thirtieth Judicial Circuit. Public service is the highest and best use that I could put my education and experience towards and for that reason, I have worked my entire professional career as a prosecutor.
As your District Attorney, I and my staff are committed to serving the citizens of St. Clair County in the administration of justice by the enforcement of the criminal laws of the State of Alabama. It is our duty to prosecute those that have violated the law and ensure that justice is done. As such, we serve as ministers of justice to ensure that guilt shall not escape nor innocence suffer.
The Office of the District Attorney for St. Clair County is comprised of two offices, one serving the southern part of the county in Pell City and one serving the northern part of the county in Ashville. In both offices, we work alongside law enforcement to seek justice for victims and their families; this is our highest priority. Within my office, we have dedicated staff to help individuals and businesses who need our services. Our Victim Service Officer is an advocate for victims and provides personal assistance throughout the criminal process. In addition, the Office offers a broad range of programs to meet various needs of our community. We help collect restitution for individuals and businesses as well as providing assistance to victims of domestic and child abuse.
I invite you to explore this website and learn a little more about your Office of the District Attorney. I am proud of the work we do and the people who do it. In closing, let me reiterate my commitment to the people of St. Clair County to enforce the laws of our great state fairly and impartially.
Pell City Office
1815 Cogswell Ave Suite 221
St. Clair County Courthouse
Pell City, AL 35125
P.O. Box 40
Ashville, AL 35953