The Alabama Vehicle Title System will be down from December 8th through December 10th.
St Clair County Probate office hours are from 8am-4:30pm M-F
Tags That Require On-Site Renewal
The following is the list of tags that the customer must come into the office to renew with the appropriate papers or ID's:
- Active Reservist - AR Identification card / Affidavit signed by unit commander
- Amateur Radio - FCC License
- Disabled Veteran - Letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs showing percentage of disability
- Fire Fighter - Letter on Fire Dept. letter head and signed by the Chief
- Fraternal Order of Police - FOP identification card
- National Guard Active - Guard identification card and affidavit signed by unit commander
- National Guard Retired - Proper identification card and NGB Form 22 or Notice of Eligibility for Retired Pay at Age 60
Using a credit/debit card at the Counter or Online
Rates for both on-site and online payments using a credit or debit card are 2.5% of the total cost of all transactions processed. Remember these charges are charged by the credit card company and the credit card processing company. None of the money in these charges goes to the Probate Office.
- Beginning October 1, 2018 there will be a $3 mail fee for all Internet or Mail renewals.
- Beginning October 1, 2018 you can now renew your expired registrations online. You will be charged the $15.00 late penalty and interest on each vehicle.
- Beginning October 1, 2018 you can now renew your boats online.
- Beginning August 29, 2019 the Probate Officer will no longer be issuing Marriage Certificates. You can obtain more information .
- Beginning September 1, 2023, by Act 2023-548, the Alabama Legislature changed the process for becoming a Notary Public in Alabama. You can obtain more information here.